One of the most underrated SEO strategies in the field of Targeting links is the use of Internal Links. Basically there are three types of links, Internal, External and Backlinks but a large number of website owners feel much more comfortable investing in backlinks and external links thus failing to understand how important internal links are too.
Internal links are just the simple and clickable links on your web pages that attract users to other quality content of the same website. These links are also credited with helping you to obtain the required SEO ranking you have been looking for. But in order to work it like any other SEO technique and methods, you need to get some parameters right and factors set, if you want to make valuable use of this strategy. That is probably why White Label SEO Lab has compiled a few remarkable tips that can motivate you in using internal links for your SEO to perform better.
- High Quality Content: If you need to include several unique internal links in your website then you also need to push your limits in writing your content i.e. content should be always of high quality. Another reason to include several links is that it will provide solutions to most of the common problems thus engaging the audience to spend more time on our website. However experts suggest a rather approaching method which is also known as silos or cycles. But this is the traditional way of appealing to the audience by writing more and more content so that the audience may stay on our page for a longer while.
- Prioritization of Links: The approach is about using internal links to help perform SEO better, however if you have a number of links that can connect internally with the link still your main Prioritization should be based on giving more priority to the resembling content. The motive is to try and attract organic traffic to your website as much as you can while also reducing the bounce rates and this is the main factor behind driving the internal link. You also want customer satisfaction and for that you would want them to surf the pages that can impart more value to their web session. And this is where providing internal links can be crucial so that the users can easily get access to them. So it becomes mandatory to prioritize these pages and give more internal link priority to them.
- Internal Link Tools: One of the most effective ways to enhance user experience is through the use of data. And for the same purpose a lot of internal link tools are available in the market to help us acquire more traffic to our web pages. These are credited with making us more aware of reporting and analysis of how to use internal links on your website for the content. These tools are also enriched with the power of plugins from where you can do your work more faster and efficiently.
- Use of Anchor Texts: Linking isn’t something that should be just done because it needs to be. Arguably You need to make sure that the anchor words do refer resemblance with the content of the linked page. Use of relevant links obviously makes sense and would land up in the reader navigating to the right pages. If you are using deceiving links, then it will cause more damage to your website because readers wouldn’t be getting satisfied and will review your customer satisfaction column amongst the poor opinion on their overall experience with the webpage. Traditionally it was easy to trick the search engine with keywords but things are very different now because the search engine has become way smarter with the introduction of Artificial Intelligence. Apart from this the search engine also knows that there is a bigger relationship between the keyword and the content, and it is rightly in reluctance to the anchor text. You need to be a lot more creative and innovative to make use of your anchor texts. Avoid using duplicate keywords in every link you provide. You can however take advantage of the synonyms to distinguish them and also it looks a bit different to the search engine.
- Appropriate Internal Links: Well it is a fact that nobody knows exactly how many of these internal links you should on your website to reach out to more audience. Even experts don’t have an exact number to be defined at this stage. But it is necessary that we don’t try to include many of them. Always keep in mind that you are trying to help the user and reduce your bounce rates and to ensure this process, add just enough links that won’t get your readers bothered and on the contrary won’t kill your traffic as well.
- Adding Relevant Posts Section: There are many websites around that are used in providing plenty of links but at the bottom of their website. If you take a closer look then these are the links that are placed under the Related Posts section. This can be considered as a great internal link strategy because it makes it easy for the readers to navigate to desired pages. If you are unsure about the process just try putting links normally to avoid any unnecessary mistakes.
- Up to date content: Newer posts are unique and they tend to always have an upgrade or unique sense that adds more value to the reader’s experience. Your Readers might often get interested in receiving more up to date content because they may have liked your website based on the content you have posted and that is the ultimate motive. So post up to date content rather than posting those who won’t help them much. You are also bound to ensure that you are linking them to an upgraded content.
Therefore, these are the ways by which we can boost our SEO’s performance with the help of internal links. However White Label SEO Lab would suggest that you need to have an expert in creating content to make the most of it. All the best with the amazing experience you are gonna receive.