Advanced Keyword research using SemRush
Table of Content:
- What is Keyword Research?
- Questions need to ask, Before keyword research
- Why is keyword research important?
- Which format best suits the searcher’s intent?
- Short-Tail vs Long-Tail Keywords
Steps for a perfect keyword research
- First Step: Your Targeted Market, Services, and Product Search Terms
- Second Step: Create List in SemRush Keyword Manager
- Third Step: Keyword research using Magic Tool in SemRush
- Fourth Step: Review all keywords and Finalize targeted keywords
1. What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a search engine optimization practice used to discover and explore search terms that people/users enter into search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. when looking for general information, finding places, products, or services.
When you are capable of knowing what people/users are searching for in your related targeting market then you can focus content around those search terms/keywords. Researching keywords gives the site owner a better understanding of how high the demand is for their general information, finding a place, products, or services.
Basically, by researching the right keywords for your services that people/users search into a search engine and using the research to create your services-related targeted content, then you can drive the genuine traffic to your site – the more leads you are likely to get.
2. Questions Everyone Should Ask During Keyword Research
While Keyword Researching first you need to identify and understand the services you are providing to the people/users/researcher. That’s where your Brainstorm ‘seed’ keywords list comes in handy.
- following are the questions everyone needs to ask during keyword research:
- Targeted Services/Categories
- Targeted Location
- Targeted Audience
- Known Competitors in the online market
3. Why is keyword research important?
Keyword research is the only way so you can find what people/users are searching on a search engine for online searches. And you also need to know what people are searching for, so you cannot create unnecessary content on the website that no people/user is searching for. 10 out of 7 website owners make the same mistake, so 90% of the pages are not getting any traffic.
4. Which format best suits the searcher’s intent?
a) Information/Detailed Queries: Informational search queries as “Queries” that show detailed information about the query we have searched. In this search, the people/user needs the information on that query.for Example
b) Commercial Investigation Queries: Commercial investigation queries as “Queries” that show the comparison results of any service or products.
The people/users/searchers use this type of query to compare the products or services.
c) Exact/navigational queries: Exact/navigational queries as “Queries” that show the exact result of a known website or webpage without search on Google.
For example, a user might enter “Facebook” into Google’s search address bar to search/find the Facebook site rather than entering the URL into a search browser’s navigation bar.
d) Local queries: Local queries as “Queries” that show local search results nearby for the store, dentist, doctor, hospital, café, coffee shops, etc
e) Transactional queries: Transactional queries as “Queries” that show exact result intent to purchase or use of the transaction. A transactional search query can include buying the ticket, book movie shows, the product names, verbs such as “purchase, order, or order” as well as product categories .
5. Short-Tail vs Long-Tail Keywords
Short-tail keywords are the search queries consisting of one or two words, while Long-Tail keywords consist of three to four words or more than that.
Short Tail Keyword:
5 Steps to Quick keyword research using SemRush
1. First Step: Your Targeted Market, Services, and Product Search Terms
Create a list of short phrases in the sheet named Seed KW. These should describe the category of the business and its activities. Focus on pain points and needs of their customer’s keywords.
2. Second Step: If the website has already had content, then we can also extract main key phrases or services-related terms as keywords.
At least we need to add 10-15 keywords related to services, category, activities, focus areas, etc.
3. Third Step: Create List in SemRush Keyword Manager Open SemRush, then click SEO << then Keyword Manager
Then << click on + Click to create a new list and name your project name.
5 Steps for Keyword research using Magic Tool in SemRush
The first click on Keyword Magic Tool then copy 1st keyword from the Brainstorm seed keyword list and select the targeted country and then Search
Repeat the step 2nd and put the other Brainstorm seed keyword and click on search. << then again Select relevant additional keywords from the results and click on the.
Repeat the same process with all the Brainstorm seed keywords.
Fifth Step: Review all keywords and Finalize targeted keywords. Go to the Keyword Manager→ select the created list → click “Update Metrics” then Export to XLSX.
Then finalize your targeting keywords on the basis of business relevancy search volume, trend, and click.
If you are still facing issues in keyword research you can contact us, White Label SEO Lab is here 24/7 to help you with keyword research and more.
+ Additional Help Content:
Keyword Search Tools:
- Answer the Public
- Wikipedia: Search for “[topic] forums”, check table of content
- Google search “forum+”
- Google Trends
- Best-selling books on Amazon, and comments posted
- Gap keywords in SEMrush → competitive research
- Google Keyword Planner
- Search Console
- Keywords Everywhere Chrome plugin
- Keyword Keg
- Comments on Facebook groups