Guide to Effective SEO Project Management Tools
SEO is a massive business for all organizations, be it a small or a huge one. As a result, every company looks for effective business strategies that are fully leveraged to provide maximum returns on investment and higher profit margins.
Do you know one crucial aspect that helps you dodge the bullet and make your base more substantial in the SEO game?
Yes, we are talking about SEO project management tools paramount to leveraging your online presence and offering you the best framework. Businesses today are in dire need of focusing on the SEO project management aspect that encapsulates the groundwork of planning, executing, and evaluating an SEO campaign and its effectiveness. Being in the online marketing domain, you can’t steer clear of SEO project management tools for teams and how they contribute to the ultimate success of any SEO campaign.
Let’s sail you through the journey of SEO project management by diving deep into the concept!
Read the entire article to know all of it.
What Is SEO Project Management?
When a customer searches any query online, you want your website to appear first on the SERP and reach a maximum audience. The enhanced exposure can lead you to garner more attention and higher conversions. And to accomplish this, the SEO team needs to launch and execute a competent SEO project.
Here SEO project management comes into the frame. It is a framework that enables enterprise-level search visibility projects with higher reliability and fidelity. It encompasses managing various resources such as time, money, workflows, and team members that contribute to SEO tactics’ overall functionality and effectiveness, attaining the project objectives and KPIs. You need to select the best SEO project management tools to derive the ultimate outcomes. Moreover, you tend to succeed less quickly when you implement these protocols or processes, which ultimately confers more effective team management and timely goals!
Benefits of SEO Project Management
A robust SEO campaign entails all the processes, right from content writing, backlink building, and even social media content strategy. However, when all these aspects are put together, it contributes to achieving a more significant objective – enhanced search engine visibility by ranking for relevant and high-value keywords in your niche.
Let’s see what advantages you get by implementing SEO project management software –
- With the paid SEO project management tools for agencies, they can leverage the work effectively by organizing all the tasks and prioritizing the same.
- You can set better SEO objectives and track every move to ensure you are aligning your efforts with the devised action plan.
- These tools help you scale up the more effective processes.
- Unorganized tasks can be a reason for the loopholes in the framework. Working with these paid SEO project management plans can help you remove the administrative burden from unmanaged or unplanned tasks.
- A perfect SEO campaign includes devising the best plan and tracking the overall moves, analyzing competitors, and taking a correct measure of action at the right time. It helps in mitigating the risks associated and improving the quality of deliverables.
- Communication plays a vital role in working in a team to attain a single objective. You will find a chunk of different units which shape an SEO campaign and turn it into a thundering success. With various SEO project management tools, you can formulate a plan of action, delegate responsibilities, and keep track of each department. It enables the smooth flow of information and reduces delays in the processes.
- SEO project management tools are the most powerful ones in the marketing arsenal of a marketer. These tools aid in curtailing the recurring processes through monitoring the roles assigned. Moreover, the feature of automating the repetitive processes cuts down the time slack, which can be utilized to perform other tasks timely.
Some SEO Project Management Tools You Need To Know
Selecting the best SEO project management tool is quite a task, especially when dealing with a chunk of projects at once. And with the market filled with a considerable number of such tools, how will you select which one to use?
For some, Google docs are a better option, while others may use Asana or Trello – there is a tool for every task.
The tool you consider relies on your needs and what objectives you need to attain for your clients. We have brought you a list of some of the paid and free SEO project management tools and how you can leverage them for booted visibility and conversions.
1. Asana –
Asana is the tool that comes into the frame when you have a limited budget. Although it is not entirely free but is paramount to set the tasks you need to perform. You can monitor the status of your SEO projects in real-time and keep your project initiatives on track. The tool also offers templates to turn recurring projects into repeatable processes, saving a lot of time and effort. Asana is majorly useful in –
- Creating to-do lists
- Assigning various tasks
- Setting-up daily reminders
- Keeping up with the deadlines
- Better communication flow etc.
The cherry on the icing is along with the aforementioned features; Asana integrates with third-party tools like Dropbox or Google Drive, which makes the consolidation impeccable. In addition, managers can easily assign specific projects to the team members and focus on assigned tasks, hence utilizing the total capacity and enhanced productivity.
Basic – Free
Premium – US $10.9
9 (Per user, per month, billed annually)
Business – US$24.99 (Per user, per month, billed annually)
2. Teamwork –
Proving its name, teamwork is yet another tool designed for effective SEO project management by enhancing collaboration among the teams. The tool allows any organization to work as a dedicated team by accessing a single platform. So whether it’s a creative team or technical all members access the same platform and work with effective communication. Moreover, one attribute that turns our heads is building templates that you can repeatedly utilize for various clients.
The platform can effortlessly integrate with other tools like Dropbox, OneDriveBox, and Google Drive, along with accounting software like Harvest, Xero, and Freshbooks.
- Allows you to have independent boards for separate projects and can be controlled by different team members.
- Project templates enable you to build and task entire projects rapidly.
- Help you ascertain the security of client and strategy information through enterprise security features.
Personal – Free
Pro – $9 per month
Premium – $15 per month
Enterprise – Variable
3. Google Docs –
Google docs is a powerful and most convenient tool which can resolve your SEO project management dilemmas by providing a range of solutions. This tool amalgamates features like pivot tables and formulae, which even non-technical individuals can operate on. Its streamlined interface can aid you in –
- Conducting site audit
- Creating SEO projects
- Keyword Research, etc.
The most exhilarating feature Google Docs provides is the add-ons that enable users to perform automating research and reporting processes associated with SEO. A user needs to have a Gmail account to manage all the campaigns and deliverables amalgamating with APIs.
Free, you just need a Gmail account!
4. Basecamp –
Giving an edge to SEO project management tools for agencies, Basecamp aims at organizing to-dos, group chats, message boards, doc storage, and schedules. With its premium features to put as much as possible in a single place, it is utilized by professionals like consultants, schools, software developers, freelancers, and others. In addition, it aims to enhance accountability and effective communication by uniting the team members’ objectives as a single one.
Basecamp allows the users to have a real-time group chat and a different chat room for each project, reducing the confusion and loopholes in the process. Some more features of Basecamp includes –
- Automated check-ins to eliminate the need for regular “check-in” meetings using a feature of sending automated messages daily to team members
- Message boards to publish updates, ideas, or announcements.
- Scheduling and tracking attributes to ascertain teams never miss a deadline.
Personal – Free
Business – $99 per month
5. Trello –
Trello is a project management tool that is constructed to meet the needs of larger organizations. Trello enables organizations to handle the projects of multiple clients at once with its board feature. Additionally, its interactive and immersive interface makes it engaging for users, making it stand out from the rest. It comprises features like Trello cards and boards that act as bulletin boards rather than a dashboard. For the free version, Trello allows smooth integration with Mailchimp, Slack, and Evernote.
Its key attributes include –
- Robust security features protect client data with 2-factor authentication, domain-restricted invites, and advanced permission tiers.
- Feature of integrating 100+ applications to communicate and perform various functions.
- Boards that assist you in segregating and organizing numerous clients and projects at once.
Free – $0
Business Class – $9.99
Enterprise – $20.83
SEO is much more than just driving massive traffic to your website. It’s a vehicle that owns the responsibility to amplify brand awareness, enhance reach and visibility and make your business generate higher profits. Using the old tactics of managing the teams and tasks through emails and spreadsheets is no longer the need of the hour. Jumping on to the latest technologies and making the most out of them is favorable to align with the existing competition.
Eventually, the critical aspects of SEO project management tools for teams such as organizing, implementation, accountability are crucial to ensure the success of campaigns. Therefore, we hope you understand this quick guide to SEO project management and select the finest tool which amplifies your efforts.